At Wilbury we use the Enfield Catering Services to provide our school lunches. All lunches are paid for in advance using Parent Pay.
We are pleased to announce that Enfield Catering Services have been awarded the prestigious Silver Catering Mark from the Soil Association for all its Primary schools. The Inspector praised our Chefs for the food served at lunchtime stating it was “ healthy, colourful and delicious!”
What is included in the Silver award?
- Using seasonal and locally-sourced produce – for example many of our salad items are from the Lea Valley
- We only use free-range eggs, and they are locally-sourced
- Our food is freshly cooked on site
- Strong commitment to animal welfare and all the meat we purchase is classed under a Farm-assurance scheme
- Using MSC-certified fish (i.e. sustainable fish and not contributing to the problem of over-fishing)
- Using some organic foods e.g. our milk, yoghurt and oats
- Healthy and nutritious menus which meet the nutrition standards’
Click here to visit the ‘My School Lunch’ website and find more information.