At Wilbury School the policy for R.E. is based on the Enfield Education Authority’s Agreed Syllabus, which aims to give children knowledge of Christianity and other world faiths.
- To develop an understanding of the beliefs, practices and insights of religious faiths
- To appreciate the place of religion in human life, and the important way it affects the actions and attitudes of people.
- To become aware of the cultural, religious and spiritual heritage of all members of the community.
- To develop a respect for the rights of others to hold beliefs different to their own.
- To safeguard the confidence of a child in his or her own faith.
Below you can view curriculum intent and overview.